October 07, 2009

HOSPITALity

I was healed, cut, comforted, and visited.
When I was there, I was not feeling well and was tired from pain medication. The last thing I wanted to do was socialize and I wasn't much to talk to when others came. They came though. Lots of people. Mother, Father, sister, wife, Waton & Enslie, David. Will, Robbie, Patrick, Drew, Matt, Brian...
I felt like I needed to be hospitable.
I had nothing to offer. No energy to entertain. I could only receive. I became poor and got to encounter my community and family who love me as weak, poor, embarrassed, and humbled and I realized the strength and presence of God's love in them in a new and powerful way.

1 comment:

  1. John-boy, it's David Smith's friend Emily. Glad you're doing better. Don't wear yourself out.

    ReplyDelete