- Painted roof white (which really helped to bring down the temperature within the house)
- Got the aquaponics system back up and running (no tilapia, but we have plenty of apple snails)
- We built the solar hot-water heater.
- We built the trellis system on west side of house to block out the evening sun (now we are waiting on the plants to grow)
- Finished setting up the mosquito netting on all the windows and doors
- Mortared up the bricks in the St. Francis garden.
- Topped off the gardens with fresh mulch and compost for the winter season
- Installed a ridge vent in the attic
- Cleaned out and organized shed
- Built a better chicken run area
- Moved the dryer outside
- Finished installing the dual flush toilets
- Bought a new energy and water efficient washer machine
- Installed the crazily efficient dish drying rack
- Installed a better lighting system in the kitchen
I am also amazed by how much we haven't done. I am impressed by our collective will to sacrifice things.
Used A/C (except for during homechurch and during a visit from a close friend)
Used the dryer, ever since it was moved to the front porch (maybe 2-3 months)
Used hot water...that was until the solar hot water heater was finally built.
It has been wonderful.