January 13, 2011

MORE

Thirteen days into two-thousand eleven and already we have had a bullet lodged in a truck tool box, two break-ins into our back yard, a car stolen, the neighbors house robbed, friends fighting and breaking relationship, the largest turn out at a conscious party ever, a house being purchased, a plague that has gotten at least half of us so far, and in two more days we will celebrate the first lake house/church wedding in our yard!
I can’t help but remember all the times that I cried out to Jesus just one powerful word, “more.” 2011 so far seems like an amplification of every aspect of our lifestyle. More veggies, more visitors, more conflict, more laughter, more trials, more discussion, more parties, more people at homechurch, more dirty dishes, more projects, more compost, more ministry, more late nights, more early mornings, more jesus, more dependence, more of the kingdom coming. I am tired and eager. Excited and frightened.

1 comment:

  1. Part of me wants to laugh in agreement with this blog, and yet part of me also wants to just nod in solemn agreement.. Yes, it has been a packed year thus far. And we should not despise the bad in it, or run fr it either. There is something to learn from all that has happened. God has something rich to offer us in the midst of it all. I will admit thAt at times I have dreaded all that has been going on, even avoiding as much as I can, but I'm done with that. I don't want to miss what god is trying to craft in us in the midst of it all

    ReplyDelete